You have probably heard about business Facebook optimization but do you know what it means? Is it really worth your time? The short answer is yes! Optimizing your social media page gives you the power to utilize as many tools as possible for higher engagement and online visibility. Simply creating an account and slapping up your business name is not enough. You need to leverage Facebook’s abilities for your social media marketing benefit.
6 Facebook Optimization EssentialsIs your Facebook page drowning in a sea of other similar pages? It's time to set your brand apart! And Facebook optimization is the perfect place to begin. Click To Tweet
- Page Name
- Profile Images
- About Section
Your Page Name
There may be an abbreviation or short version of your business’ name that is commonly used. However, your Facebook page name is not the place to use this. Make sure the name you enter is what you want customers to know you by, and that it sounds professional.
There are two main photos on a Facebook business page. The profile image and the cover photo. Here are some extra details for each.
- This should be your company’s logo
- Upload size: 170×170
- Use a photo that clearly depicts the services your company provides. You also want this to be appealing to users, as it’s one of the first things they will see.
- Upload size: 820×312 desktop
Often this area is left blank! Don’t miss out on the ideal place to showcase your brand and provide users with easy access to things like contact information, your location, web address, and a mission statement. Use this guide to get headed in the right direction.
- Category – Facebook presets the categories. Try to select the closest related one.
- Username – This should be your business name or a shorter version that is recognizable. It will become a quick way for users to search for your company within Facebook.
- Business Info – Fill out as much as possible from the Founded Date to the Mission statement.
- Contact Info- Make it easy for users to contact you by giving a phone number, email address, physical address, and web address.
- Products – If your company sells physical products, this is a good place to showcase your top sellers!
- Menu – If you are a restaurant, make sure to give a menu and store hours. Keep it updated to avoid customer confusion.
- Story – This is a fairly new feature where you can showcase your brand a little more. Talk about company values and give a brief service overview. Make sure to include links to your website for people to get additional information.
Under the cover photo, you can add a blue button for various calls to action. Choose what you want the text to say and then link it to the appropriate place (most likely your website). Test the button to make sure it works properly.
The Messaging Center
If you aren’t using Facebook Messenger, start now! It’s an easy way for clients to communicate with you and it’s easier to manage than you may think. Set up an autoresponder that gives users a general reply when sending a message. Facebook rates your business on responsiveness, making this a key optimization area.
Not getting the traction you would like on Facebook? Try promoting a post or your page. With hundreds, if not thousands, of unique audience interests available, you can target the exact type of buyer you’re looking for. If choosing to promote a post, make sure it’s one that has your web URL link so that more people are visiting your site.
Get Professional Assistance
As a business owner, we know your time is valuable. You may not have time to implement these six practices, or at least not in a thorough and professional manner. Or, maybe you have time, but you just aren’t a savvy marketer. That’s ok — we are here to help! ITVibes is a Houston SEO Agency that has helped many entrepreneurs grow their business through modern and strategic online marketing. Contact us today to see how our team can do the same for you.