How is your website ranking on Google? While cool graphics and interactive buttons might make your site look inviting, fully optimizing your site for search engines shouldn’t be ignored. Local SEO is an integral part of designing your website so that you can be found through an online search, especially in the local market.
How is your website ranking in your city? Don’t neglect the importance of implementing #LocalSEO in your marketing strategy! Click To Tweet
In order to enhance your online presence and gain a higher search ranking, it’s important to optimize your site. From your homepage to social media networks, it’s necessary to make sure your business information is verified and accurate.
What is local SEO?
Local SEO, or local search engine optimization, is the process of optimizing your website to be found by search engines. Using relevant keywords, local content, and verified contact information, your online visibility can be enhanced to increase the number of organic searches that find you. In comparison to SEO, local SEO takes your location into consideration and promotes your website for local searches in your area.
7 Ways to Optimize Your Site
Instead of having to wonder whether potential customers can find your website, make sure you’ve met all of these basic optimization requirements:
- Organize your homepage: When Google scans your front page, it should easily be able to understand who you are and what you offer. Make sure all of the page titles and copy on your homepage aligns with your business goals so that there is no confusion for users or Google bots.
- Individualize your services: As you design your website, be sure to separate your services into separate pages. Instead of combining all of your content together, give each product or service their own space by customizing the navigation, page titles, and URL names.
- Verify your Google My Business page: Ever notice the Google listing that comes up for your business? If you’ve created a website, chances are that Google may have already created a listing for you. Confirm that you’re the admin and that the address, contact information, store hours, and other details are correct. This will ensure that your brand is being found on Google Maps.
- Keep all of your NAP citations up to date: NAP stands for name, address, and phone number. Make sure the NAP citations for your business are correct across the internet. If something changes, make sure your website, Google profile, and local business listings have all been updated.
- Link your social media networks: Enhancing your online presence starts with your social media networks. If you’ve created Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or any other social profile for your business, be sure to link to them on your website.
- Optimize your content through blogging: Adding a blog to your website is one of the best ways to continue optimizing your website. By writing articles with key phrases related to your business, you can maximize your ranking factors in the way people search for you. Instead of only being found through service pages or general inquiries, your website can pop up through the use of localized keywords and link building. Don’t forget to optimize your images through titles and alt text as well!
- Don’t overlook your brand’s reputation: As your business grows, be sure to open yourself up to google reviews. If customers are able to leave reviews, their comments will optimize your site by proving your existence. While some reviews may be unwarranted, it’s wise to learn how to strengthen your reputation.
Pro Tip: While review sites like Yelp or Google might give users the opportunity to complain about your business, it’s important to know how to respond appropriately. Your brand’s reputation is affected by negative and positive feedback.
If you haven’t fully optimized your website for local searches, now is a great time to start. Grow your audience and increase your following by implementing content strategies that are proven to improve your website’s visibility.
Is your website fully optimized? Connect with our SEO team and schedule a free audit on your website.