SEO is not what it once was. While it’s necessary to create consistent content with specific keywords that your target audience is searching, keywords are no longer the most important part of a profitable SEO strategy. SEO is a multi-layered process that involves a carefully thought out content plan.You’ve probably heard of search engine optimization (SEO), but do you know how to create an #SEO plan that works? Click To Tweet
Mapping Out Your SEO Plan in 2019
In order to show up higher on Google search results, you ideally need a search engine optimizer to help you gain more organic traffic to your website. A professional content strategist studies SEO and continuously improves their strategy to gain clicks and website visits. But, if you are unable to hire a professional SEO team right now, there are a few ways that you can create an SEO plan for your business that becomes prosperous. Here’s how:
- Understanding the Different Types of SEO
- Weekly Blogs
- Study Best Practices for SEO
- Record and Track Your Content Marketing Results
1) Understanding the Different Types of SEO
First, you need to understand how Google search works. Once you comprehend the basics of how Google bots crawl sites and index pages, you’ll be able to start strategizing. There are three types of SEO to focus on, technical SEO, on-page SEO, and off-page SEO.
- Technical SEO: This type of SEO is, well, very technical. Google examines the backend of your website including the speed, the XML sitemap, and the HTML & CSS coding. You also want to ensure that your site is using SSL, this means your website that starts with “https://” instead of “http://.” Furthermore, your website needs to be optimized for mobile devices.
- On-Page SEO: This simply means the content that is on your web pages. You want to check that all of your content is organized into pages. Use keyword research to determine which headings and subheadings to use.
Pro Tip: Make sure you’re using internal links throughout your website for on-page SEO!
- Off-Page SEO: This type of SEO is generated by the external links or backlinks that are directing website traffic to your pages. The more trustworthy backlinks you have, the more Google will trust you- thus, increasing your ranking.
2) Weekly Blogs
It’s no secret that producing regular content is an essential part of a successful SEO plan. Your blog is where you can use long tail keywords that your audience is searching for. Just make sure you’re not using the same keyword too many times in the same blog post. That’s called keyword stuffing and can actually lower your rank. You also want to link to other pages within your website to create link loops. Lastly, share your blog articles on various social media platforms.
3) Study Best Practices for SEO
Just like everything digital, SEO is constantly evolving and improving. Thankfully, there are plenty of free online resources that you can use to stay informed on the latest SEO news and trends. Here are a few to get you started:
4) Record and Track Your Results
You want to collect your SEO data and track your results. Consider creating an Excel or Google Sheets table to keep a record of the organic traffic that is coming to your site. Try switching out one variable at a time to see what provides the best results for your targeted keywords. Another way to measure your results is your actual search engine results page (SERP).
A Successful SEO Strategy
SEO isn’t an easy concept to understand. It takes time to study and learn, and it takes patience to find an SEO plan that works for your brand. That’s why many small and large businesses alike choose to outsource their SEO strategy.
Want to learn more about creating an SEO plan that drives organic traffic to your site? Chat with our team of search engine optimizers today!