In the world of SEO and digital marketing, there are a lot of small details that we need to know in order to improve search engine rankings. One of those niche things is anchor text. What is anchor text, and how do we use it effectively? Let’s talk about anchor text.
In short, this is a way to include hyperlinks in your website content without showing naked URLs. Anchor text is the clickable text that links to another page, and it is essential for SEO. It makes the user experience more intuitive. It also looks cleaner on your page.What is anchor text and how do you use it effectively? Learn the do’s and don’t’s of implementing links into your website! Click To Tweet
Why is This Important?
Just as anchor text makes it easier for your readers to understand what your link talks about, it allows search engines to see if you are using links effectively. You do that by picking words that are describing your link. That is why using phrases like “Click here” or “Read More” does not match the internal links you want to include.
Now that we know why this tool is important for your user experience as well as for SEO, let’s take a look at the different types of links.
Types of Anchor Text
There are multiple kinds of anchor text that describe the link your want to include on your web page:
- Branded: This goes to a branded link such as your company or product.
- Exact Match: In this, you are linking to the exact target keyword that the link is going to. This is a keyword-rich anchor, and it is a great way to describe exactly where that clickable text goes.
- Partial Match Keywords: Partial match link text include the keyword of the link’s target, but that is not the only word(s) included in the anchor text.
- Naked Link: A naked link is a URL with no anchor text.
- Generic: Generic anchor text is words like “Contact us” or “Read More.”
How to Use Anchor Text
Some of these examples of text are not as helpful as others. The best way to use this tool effectively is to describe your link in a concise and clear manner. It needs to be relevant to the link but don’t over-optimize. Your writing needs to be authentic, and that includes picking anchor text.
Let ITVibes Help
Does all of this seem daunting to do on your own? Let us help you by creating optimized content for your website! We can help you with everything from building your own website to managing your social media.
Reach out to learn how we can help you market your business online.