Recently a high-level overview of just what marketing automation is was discussed on this blog.
Now, we’d like to go into a bit more detail and share 3 benefits of marketing automation.
As a refresher, marketing automation is a suite of tools that enable businesses to more effectively market across multiple channels while automating repetitive tasks, generating more leads, driving more sales and optimize ROI.
3 Benefits of Marketing Automation
Three benefits of marketing automation are as follows:
- Drive More Leads – Identify up to 98% of anonymous web traffic with Visitor ID and track leads, whether they come by phone, form or email list
- Convert Leads To Sales – Connect with your leads with behavior-based tracking and follow up with customized automated emails
- Prove Your ROI – Understand your end-to-end ROI and make key decisions with accurate and relevant data.
A Closer Look
Let’s look at each benefit more closely.
First, marketing automation drives more leads by:
- Allowing you to identify anonymous visitors
- Capturing lead data with dynamic forms
- Allowing you optimize your campaigns in real time, including social media campaigns.
Second, it can help you convert leads to sales with:
- Lead scoring to alert you of hot leads
- Email automation for nurturing leads
- Behavior tracking for deeper lead insights
- Automated sales notifications.
Finally, marketing automation can accurately measure the return on investment (ROI) with:
- Comprehensive campaign analytics
- Google AdWords integration
- Exportable graphs and reports
- Content ROI tracking.
(Quick reminder: Marketing ROI is defined by the business value of the outcomes it generates. Are you calculating the business value of any of your marketing outcomes?)
There you have it! Three benefits of marketing automation and their supporting details to help answer the question of why you need marketing automation. In summary, a strong marketing automation platform stores all sales and marketing data in one place, making it the perfect control center for running your campaigns. The platform should also include all of the tools necessary for optimizing those campaigns, so you can quickly obtain valuable insights and then act on them directly. With everything in one place, you’ll find it easier than ever to grow your marketing programs and increase your saIes.